LCDC, AAC, BCPCC, CEMP, CES
Equine – (EFP) Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy,
(EAL) Equine Assisted Learning
(EAC) Equine assisted counseling coaching
Kellie Schriver has served as a licensed and board certified counselor for over 30 years. Incorporating her counseling services with her love of horses and her calling to help others, she developed the equine therapy program, The “Stages” of Changes, endorsed by top professionals in the equine-assisted therapy and mental health fields.
Kellie was drawn to the counseling field in large part by her personal life experiences with family members having mental health and addiction challenges. And while pursuing her counseling education, her beloved father died. He had been a loved and respected ordained Baptist cowboy preacher for over 30 years. After experiencing this devastating loss, Kellie was inspired to develop a program to Help the Helper.
Kellie and her husband Dave have been married 25 years and have two sons—Aaron Schriver, a U.S. Marine who was called to be with the Lord in 2007, and Austin Schriver who currently studies Petroleum Engineering at Texas Tech University.
At The Stages of Changes, we are very grateful to the help that Dr. Rick Fowler adds to what we are doing. Learn more about Dr. Fowler.
Equine therapy incorporates several therapy modalities including:
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Formal training and certification from TheHazelden’s Graduate School of Addiction Studies
- Certified in the state of Texas as an Advanced
Addictions Counselor at the Masters Level
- Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor
(American Association of Christian Counselors)
- Certified Equine Mental Health Professional
- Advanced Equine Therapist in the NaturalLifemanship Trauma model
- Specialist in both the EAGALA and PATH models
Areas of Expertise
- Equine Therapy
- Women’s Issues
- Grief Counseling
- Help for the Helper
- Self-care for Professionals
- Spiritual Guidance
- Individual and Marriage Communication
- Stress Management